The IFAR Early Career Network is composed of researchers, students, and other employees in aviation research from IFAR member agencies. We aim to support the growth of young researchers with high potential for national and international leadership.
Joining is FREE and easy, and is open to anyone affiliated with an IFAR member institution.
- Contact us by completing this simple form, and we will add you to our network announcements list and regularly inform you of upcoming opportunities to get involved. Virtual activities are always open to the general public.
- Register with IFARlink.aero to get access to all of the resources that the full IFAR community has to offer (this includes opportunities for young researchers, as well as networks composed of experienced researchers and global executives at aeronautics research institutions, news, job postings, and more).
- Once you have registered with IFARlink, join the online Early Career Network group by clicking on Groups --> All Groups --> IFAR Early Career Network (ECN).
Why should you join?
- Network with other early career researchers from around the globe.
- Get Mentored for leadership by aeronautics research executives.
- Disseminate your research through virtual gatherings.
- Attend special face-to-face gatherings at international conferences.
- Learn about technical and non-technical topics in skill-mix groups.
- Author reports to IFAR leadership about your vision for the future of aviation.
IFAR ECN Tour of NASA Kennedy Space Center (in conjunction with AIAA SciTech 2018)
January 12, 2018
Description: Early Career Network members from International Forum of Aviation Research (IFAR) member organizations are invited to attend a tour of selected facilities at NASA Kennedy Space Center (KSC) with an optional stop at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex located in Titusville, Florida, on the Friday, January 12, 2018. More tour details will be posted here soon!
Prior ECN Events
See recordings of all virtual sessions here.
Virtual Session: From Invention to Patent by Jason Davis, NRC Canada, 23 August 2017
Face to Face: TsAGI (Russia) "NEW GENERATION" Program at MAKS 2017, Participant Page: [New Generation MAKS 2017] (if not logged into IFARlink, scroll below the dashboard to access page's content)
Virtual Session: VKI Graduate Student Master Thesis Symposium, 29 June 2017
Face to Face: ONERA Paris Air Show 2017, 17-23 June 2017
Virtual Session: JAXA Research and Design of Unmanned Aircraft Systems for a Disaster Risk Reduction, JAXA, 14 June 2017
Virtual Session: Computational Analysis and Proposed Redesign of the 3-Stage Axial Compressor in the 11-by-11-Foot Transonic Wind Tunnel at NASA Ames Research Center, by Sameer Kulkarni, NASA, 24 May 2017
Virtual Session: Prototype Design and Computational Fluid Dynamics by Alexandru Persinaru, INCAS, 19 April 2017
Virtual Session: Real-Time Safety Monitoring and Prediction in the National Airspace by Matthew Daigle, NASA, 22 March 2017
Virtual Session: Von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics PhD Research Symposium by various speakers, VKI, 3 March 2017
Virtual Session: Unmanned Aircraft Systems Activities within ONERA, ONERA, 27 February 2017
Face to Face: Tour of Johnson Space Center, USA
Face to Face: Mentoring Session at AIAA Conference, USA
Face to Face: Young Researcher Conference at the IFAR Summit, South Korea
Virtual Session: AIRCAST - A Model Suite for the Next Generation of Aviation Scenarios, DLR, 26 August 2016
Virtual Session: Composites, Ceramics, and Coatings: Game-Changing Materials for the Next Generation of Turbine Engines, NASA, 18 May 2016
Virtual Session: 21st Century Aviation Challenges: 47th Annual Meeting of Japan Society of Aeronautical and Space Sciences, JAXA/NASA, 15 April 2016
Virtual Session: Von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics PhD Research Symposium, VKI, 3 March 2016
Face to Face: Young Researcher Conference at the IFAR Summit, Moffett Field, USA, October 2015
Virtual Session: Alternative Fuels Virtual Gathering, NRC/TsAGI, 16 September 2015
Virtual Session: Air Traffic Management, JAXA/NASA, 20 May 2015
Virtual Session: Von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics PhD Research Symposium, VKI, 13 March 2015
Virtual Session: 3rd International Conference on Buckling and Postbuckling Behavior of Laminated Shell Structures with DESICOS Workshop, DLR, 25 March 2015
Face to Face: Young Researcher Conference at the IFAR Summit, Zhuhai, China
Virtual Session: IFAR Kickoff, DLR/NASA, 21 August 2014
Face to Face: Young Researcher Conference at the IFAR Summit, Russia